SQLFile extends and enhances your T-SQL programming environment by adding a suite of 117 functions to support direct access to the file system from within T-SQL scripts and stored procedures. SQLFile capabilities include:
* Easy processing and manipulation of path and file names (this can be done without file system access).
* Directory contents listings as table-valued functions or results sets with optional subdirectory recursion and pattern matching.
* Testing for existence of files and folders and retrieving attributes, access control settings, file sizes and timestamps.
* Copying, moving, replacing, renaming and changing the attributes of files and directories.
* Simple import of file contents as binary objects, text files or one-column tables (using a table-valued function).
* Simple import and parsing of delimited text files as multi-column tables (as a stored procedure output).
* Simple export of tables, query outputs or single values to delimited text, simple text or binary files.
* Internal data compression and decompression of binary data and text values to reduce storage and bandwidth consumption.
* Conversion between native binary data, binary encoded as base64 text and binary encoded as hexadecimal text.
* Conversion of text between different encodings and code pages (e.g. Ascii, UTF7, UTF8, Unicode, UTF32, language-specific code pages).
* Access to local volume and drive information on the server including free space, total space, available free space etc.
* Ability to read, write and alter large numbers of files & directories in parallel by applying functions in multi-row queries.
Keywords: SQL file access, SQL import/export, SQL data import, SQL data export, SQL data compression, SQL directory access, SQL read file, SQL write file, SQL import csv, SQL export CSV, SQL import delimited, SQL export delimited,
Recent Changes: New release
Install Support: Install Only
Supported Languages: English
Additional Requirements: SQL Server 2005 or later
PAD file URL: http://www.totallysql.com/PadFiles/SQLFile.pad.xml