Binbot is a specialized newsreader for downloading files from Usenet. It makes it easy to access the enormous quantity of new content posted daily to binary newsgroups. It is easy to use, fast and secure.
Easy to Use
- The intuitive user interface allows you to start downloading files within minutes of installation.
- Binbot automatically assembles and decodes articles for you. It supports all common encodings found on Usenet, including uuencode, MIME/base64 and yEnc.
- By letting you visually select which blocks of articles you wish to download, Binbot makes it easy to navigate huge newsgroups with millions of articles.
- We designed Binbot to allow you to download multiple files simultaneously at top speed.
- By only retrieving the minimum amount of data from the server, Binbot lets you quickly find the files you want.
- Binbot uses fast caching algorithms and command pipelining so you can retrieve information in record time.
- Binbot protects you against viruses by highlighting potentially unsafe files, and by automatically blocking unexpected malicious attachments.
- By design, Binbot prevents malformed headers and articles from being used to compromise your system remotely through buffer overflow attacks.
- Binbot contains no spyware or adware, and never "phones home".
Keywords: newsreader, binary, binaries, download, Usenet, newsgroups, easy, nntp,
Recent Changes: Added file unsplit tool, enhanced filtering capabilities and added new configuration options.
Install Support: Install and Uninstall
Supported Languages: English, French
Additional Requirements: Pentium III 450 MHz or better, 256 MB RAM.
PAD file URL: http://binbot.com/binbot_pad_file_windows.xml